CAPTCHA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Luke
    Participant

Is the new CAPTCHA requirement really a necessary part of the standard login process?  In cases in which people are submitting personal and payment information, I can understand using it.  However it seems like a rather unnecessary hurdle to require members to identify storefronts and palm trees just so we can post to the Forum.  I fear this new requirement is leading to less member engagement on the Forum.  Can we eliminate the CAPTCHA step?

Luke
    Participant

BUMP… Can we eliminate the CAPTCHA requirement?  It is a fairly annoying and seemingly unnecessary hurdle to go through every time we login.

David Eng
    Participant

I agree. The fact that no one has responded to your post since Dec. 27 shows that there’s less forum engagement except for people like you and me who are more web savvy.

Also, is it possible to disable the “visual” option for making forum posts, so people are required to use the “text” option. Half the forum posts these days have a lot of html coding/gibberish because folks are copying and pasting text from a website to the posting, which also copies and pastes the html coding embedded from those websites.

jbauer
    Participant

Luke – My apologies for not seeing your first post from over a month ago.

David – Thanks for chiming in on this too.

There is certainly some value in having the CAPTCHA requirement, but it is not absolutely necessary for the login process. I believe we have another less intrusive option available to us that will serve a similar purpose that the CAPTCHA field does. I’ll work on getting this changed soon.

The mess of HTML code when copying/pasting into the forum is on my list to fix too.

I appreciate the feedback. If things like this are a hurdle for our members to participate on the website, I certainly want to hear about them.

David Eng
    Participant

Also, I noticed that the “Recent Topics” list on the forum is limited to the most recent 10 post. Can you expand that to like 20 posts?

Also, say for example, I’m trying to find the 10 most recent post under the subheading Training, but when I click on it, it displays the same 10 recent post from the general forum, not specifically Training. https://www.dctriclub.org/forums/forum/training/

That’s an issue; I would give up and not spend the time to figure out which sub-sub folder a relevant post may be in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.