Club Sponsored Races?

Home Forums Open Discussions Races Club Sponsored Races?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pmorand
    Participant

When will the club sponsored races be posted?  Thanks!

bcfrank

If you’re talking about the club training races that we put on for our members, then the calendar is continually forming, but the first half of the year is set with the upcoming Splash & Dash this weekend, the duathlons in April, and the training triathlon in June. You can find the list here: 2018 Club Races.

If you’re talking about the club featured races where we try to focus our club membership toward a set of area races, we are shying away from that this year. We found that we were choosing poorly in where the club wanted to go, so we are hoping to make it more a more organic process this year where we let the membership choose and then encourage someone to step up and contact the Board and help us get the club tents and refreshments to the race. The more people who select ATTEND on the Races page for the various area races, then we will know better where our members want to go and can make efforts to get the tent/refreshments to the events. [If you don’t see an area race on the list, then please email support@dctriclub.org to get it added!] As Bear Triathlon is the Mid-East Club Regional Club Championship, then we will definitely have the club tents and refreshments at this event!

Bryan

pmorand
    Participant

Thanks, Bryan.  Yes, I was talking about the club featured races.  That’s a bummer the club’s shying away from them this year.  I often use the club featured races to help me set my race schedule for the year, but I understand the club’s position.  It sounds a bit like a chicken and egg problem.  Perhaps in the future, we can use the weekly emails to encourage people (pound in their heads?) that they need to tell the club what races they are doing or at least what races they are thinking about doing.  All of my races to date this year are posted and so far I’m the only one ATTEND-ing them 😉  Hope to see you out on the course!  Patrick

bcfrank

It definitely is a chicken/egg problem and hints that we need to do better with member engagement to get members to chime in with their race schedules. I also think it’s a bit of a website issue as the Race “attend” area is not as easy to find on the new website. I’m pushing the web developers to get this on the main home page in more obvious area, but fixing kinks in the membership/signup portal is a higher priority (as it should be).

That said, there are few races that the club will definitely have a large attendance at:

• Kinetic Triathlon (Half & Sprint): we always have a bunch of club members who race this event.
    • Bear Triathlon (Oly & Sprint): the Mideast Regional Club Championships. We hope to see a bunch of club members join us out in Bear, DE for this race and help us claim the Division I regional championship for 2018! Stay tuned for an announcement about both of these May races (Kinetic and Bear) regarding some special partnership perks that will be available to club members only at these races.
    • Rev3 Williamsburg (Sprint, Oly, & Half): all of our club programs (NTP, ODP, and HIP) are aiming toward Rev3 as their goal race. There will be a lot of club members present and our club colors will be flying high in Williamsburg that weekend.

So there’s a start for some races to put on your race calendar to race with a bunch of club members!

And if you don’t have gear to show your club colors, don’t forget the group buy has been extended through to tonight!! 🙂

Bryan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.