Cross Country Coached Needed

Home Forums Open Discussions General Discussions Cross Country Coached Needed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    CoachAJ
    Participant

Cross Country Coach at St John’s High School

“Preference would be for a female coach (my other full-time assistant is male and I have a female assistant who is limited to 1-2 days/week), but ultimately, I’m looking for a quality person who loves running and enjoys working with high school athletes.

As for our cross-country team, we will likely have about 40 boys and 25 girls out for the team this fall.  They’re great kids — social, good students, and hard-working.  We’re reasonably competitive (4th in the WCAC conference for boys and 3rd in the conference for girls last year with all of the varsity boys returning this year and Cady Hyde, the individual girls’ conference champion and All-DC recognized runner returning as well) but my philosophy is take anyone on the team who is a good teammate and has a solid work ethic and help them become faster and develop a love of running.

The commitment desired is for someone who can attend most (if not all) practices and meets.  Our season officially begins on August 15.   We typically practice all weekday mornings (usually 8-10am) from 8/15-8/29 before switching to a 3:30-5:30pm schedule once school begins.  While our meet schedule is still being finalized, virtually all of the 9-10 meets we attend are on Saturdays, concluding in early November.  There is a modest stipend for this position (dependent on commitment level and background).

Previous coaching experience is a plus, but not a requirement — someone with enthusiasm for the sport and a willingness to get out there and run with the team during training (which is typically done on the beautiful off-road trails of next-door Rock Creek Park) is most important.  More information about St. John’s can also be found at http://www.stjohnschs.org .

For more information or interest, please contact: msheehy at stjohnschs.org.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.