Energy Availability Research Opportunity

Home Forums Open Discussions General Discussions Energy Availability Research Opportunity

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ptorresb
    Participant

Research opportunity – I am just the messenger, see below:

——-

My name is Amy Lane, I am a doctoral candidate at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I am currently seeking volunteers to participate in my dissertation project investigating energy availability in male endurance athletes. While this area is well understood in female athletes, little has been done with men.

Eligible participants will be male endurance athletes (i.e., runners, cyclists, triathletes) at least 18 years of age or older. If you participate, you’ll be asked to complete an online questionnaire and complete 3-day dietary and training logs. The logs will be used to calculate energy availability: energy intake (diet log) minus exercise energy expenditure (training log). An individualized report will be provided back to you about your personal energy status. At the end of the questionnaire there will be an option to request your report.

Direct link to the questionnaire: energy availability questionnaire

Amy R. Lane, MA
    Doctoral Candidate, Human Movement Science
    University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
    Applied Physiology Laboratory
    Office: 919.962.5755
    Email: lanea@email.unc.edu

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.