Good spot for TT training?

Home Forums Training Bike Good spot for TT training?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jenniferkron
    Participant

I just got my tri bike this season and am still getting fully comfortable with the handling and stability.  I’m tired of endless loops around Hains Point – any suggestions for other good routes for a TT bike?  Somewhere with decent road surface (so not Rock Creek Park) and not too much traffic and stopping (W&OD)?  Any suggestions appreciated!

dsgrunning
    Participant

You can start getting in the TT position about 4 miles from the starting point, once you clear a somewhat hard climb.  You’ll know it when you get there.  Road is nice, flat, and clear for the next 8-9 miles.   You can then turn back and just loop the same road until your hearts contend.  Or, you can do the rest of the route.  If you can stay 100% in aero for the first 15 miles, you are better than 95% of the club members.  If you can stay 100% aero in the big gear for the first 15 miles then you are better than 99% of the club.   Same goes for the rest of the route in the below link 🙂

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/9256650/

jenniferkron
    Participant

This is awesome – I will check it out!  Thank you so much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.