Great deal for new triathletes wanting to test out a tri bike!

Home Forums Classifieds For Sale Great deal for new triathletes wanting to test out a tri bike!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rojojade
    Participant

Posting for one of my training buddies that’s no longer with DC Tri, but still in the area. 

I’ve purchased a new bike and am selling my old Kestrel triathlon bike. This is a great bike for a beginning triathlete on a budget who want to get used to riding in aero without laying out the $$$. The bike is set up for those still finding their climbing legs on hilly courses but still lets you put out power on the flats. And, though the current set up is less aggressive, the cockpit and stem can be adjusted for more aggressive aero riding.

Frame: 2005 Kestrel Talon, medium size frame (not sure of the frame size, but I ride a 54cm on most other bikes), nine speed

Cockpit: Vision Tech Vector aerobars with J bend (highly adjustable), new elbow pads

Brakes: Shimano Ultegra with SRAM brake levers

Front derailleur: Shimano Sora

Crankset: Shimano 105 compact crankset 50/34

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra

Rear derailleur: Shimano Alvino

Rear cassette: 9 speed, 11-34 (you couldn’t ask for an easier climbing ratio…)

Wheels: 2015 Mavic Aksium Elites with 700×23 Mavic tires

Saddle: 2018 Bontrager Affinity Comp

Also comes with a Barfly mount for your Garmin.

Price: $500

Contact Oscar to take it for a spin! gswiszcza@gmail.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.