Holiday/New Year Gym Membership

Home Forums Open Discussions General Discussions Holiday/New Year Gym Membership

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    David Eng
    Participant

It’s that time of the year where folks are beginning to make New Years resolution, which sometimes involve signing up for gym memberships.  If you are in the market for a gym membership and thinking about the Washington Sports Club (WSC), please let them know I, David Eng, referred you so they can give me a $25 credit per referral.  In exchange, I will donate the same amount per referral to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital for the treatment of childhood cancer and other life-threatening childhood diseases.   I already committed to donate monthly for a year, so the referral money will be on top of the amount I’ve already committed to donate.

https://www.stjude.org/about-st-jude/why-support-st-jude.html

WSC has locations in Farragut North, Dupont, Columbia Heights, Silver Spring, Clarendon, North and South Bethesda, Glover Park, or Georgetown.  I go to their Silver Spring location and have had nothing but good experience so far.  I can’t vouch for their other locations, but having used the free trial at 5 other gyms ranging from $10/month to $150/month, WSC had everything that I needed and more for $20/month + $5 enrollment fee, for a single gym, month-to-month membership.   There are some bad reviews on Yelp, but folks writing them are unrealistic and probably didn’t read the contract.  All chain commercial gyms such as WSC, LA Fitness, Planet Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, have annual (enhancement) fees, transfer fee, cancellation fee and waiting period, etc, buried in the fine print in the contract, but most people don’t read the contract and are surprised to find out they get charged for all kinds of fees later.  The sales rep. has been honest at least to me and laid out all the fees before I even had the opportunity to ask.

Cheers,

-David Eng

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.