NYC TRI Question

Home Forums Open Discussions Races NYC TRI Question

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Paul Clark
    Participant

Good morning all! I guess this is an intro and a question. I joined the club a few months ago, I just moved up here from Ft Lauderdale, most likely just for the next 1.5 years. I am also a member of Fort Lauderdale Triathletes and was glad to find your group online when I got here! I have been doing triathlons for a few years now. I am a decent swimmer and biker, but a terrible runner!

I was wondering if any of you have done or will be doing the NYC TRI on July 1. I have been reading up on the race and would like anyones opinion on weather or not I REALLY need to wear a wetsuit for the Hudson swim. Living in South Florida for the past 6 years, there are two things I really don’t do often 1) hills 2) wetsuit swims. There’s really only 1 race each year for me that’s wetsuit legal down there and I normally just wear my Roka sim shorts for the little extra buoyancy. I was wondering if I can get away with that for NYC. Im not worried about temperature, more about being covered in silt for the rest of the race. Love to here what you all think and about your experiences for the race. Things to look out for, etc…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.