Mt. Weather Ride – May 26, 2018

Home Forums Training Bike Mt. Weather Ride – May 26, 2018

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bcfrank

If you are around for the long holiday weekend, I’m going to head out to Mt. Weather for some riding and running on Saturday. After weeks upon weeks upon decades of rain, it looks like the upcoming Saturday should actually be dry.

Details: the Blue Ridge Challenge (otherwise known as the “Mt. Weather Ride”) is 54 mile loop with two major climbs: Naked Mountain and Mt. Weather. The rest is rolling country roads. There is a store to refuel about midway if you need more hydration/nutrition.

Course map and cue sheet available here: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14689042

The meeting place is the commuter lot in Marshall, VA. 
    Directions: take I-66 West for 36 miles and then take Exit 28 for US 17. Continue north for 0.7 miles on BUS US 17. At the stop light, turn left onto Main Street (VA 55). After about 0.1 miles, turn right on Frost Street. Continue straight to the dead end and commuter lot.

I’m running a short 20 minutes afterward. We can grab some food at Foster’s Grille afterward (burgers, shakes, and fries) or wherever people might prefer.

Feel free to post here if you need a ride or can offer a ride, etc.

gat_pfc
    Participant

Bryan what time are going to depart the commuter lot? Also I’d have room for one person plus bike from DC.

glen

bcfrank

Doh! Thought I had put that in. My bad.

Aiming to clip-in at 8:30AM. Don’t want to be out in the heat too long!

Bryan

bcfrank

Weather is looking awesome for tomorrow’s ride of Mt. Weather! 😛

Hope to see lots of club kits out there. Clipping in at 830AM!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.