New members

Home Forums Open Discussions Introduce Yourself New members

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Evan Shinbaum
    Participant

Hi all! I’m a triathlete (or at least try to be), moving to the DC area in a few weeks from Indiana and just joined the DC Tri club. I’ll work downtown but probably living 40 minutes or so west in Virginia, like Fairfax, Vienna, etc. Still figuring that out. Anyways any suggestions on good bike routes, running areas, or lap pools would be highly appreciated! Also if there’s any gatherings that take place out that way (training or social) I’d be curious about too. Otherwise just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

Evan

mosered
    Participant

Welcome aboard. You might join the Northern Virginia chapter of the club. Come to the Happy Hours, usually on the 3rd Thursday of each month. The Diamond in the Rough and the PeasantMan Triathlons will have 100+ clubbers participating. Many clubbers swim & run at Washington-Lee high school in Arlington, and do the Saturday morning long ride out of Georgetown. You can take the W&OD Trail clear out to Purcelleville, VA. Also, root for UVA this weekend….

Evan Shinbaum
    Participant

Great info, thanks for passing all that along. And sure, since my Alma mater got knocked out in the second round anyways (Florida), go UVA, why not

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.