OWS – Sandy Point

Home Forums Training Swim OWS – Sandy Point

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Graham Ralston
    Participant

Is anyone else signed up for the Sandy Point swim this Saturday that I could car pool with roundtrip!? jgraham.ralston@gmail.com

David Eng
    Participant

Hey, I’m not doing the OWS, but I was thinking out heading out there to swim on my own.  I can drive you if no one else replies.  BTW, the water there is 64 degrees, which is really cold and you will definitely need a wetsuit. By comparison, Lake Anna last weekend was 74 degrees.

-David

Kylie Petersen
    Participant

David, are there open water swimming opportunities at Lake Anna? I am new to the D.C. area and trying to find different places to do my open water swims.

David Eng
    Participant

You can swim on your own, at your own risk, at Lake Anna, as well as at other locations:

Sandy Point State Park

Mason Neck State Park

North Point State Park

Matapeake Clubhouse and Beach

If you want to have swim support and kayak safety, you can look into these two companies that offer fee-based clinics, or supported open water swim sessions :

Crossing Current Aquatics

WaveOne

ncrcoach
    Participant

Tomorrow I’m heading out to Sandy Point to scout things out for the first time this year.  I’m doing the Bay Swim on June 11th and want to test out my wetsuit.  The water temps are about 66 (from the Capital Gazette) which is still wetsuit legal.

Emily Feenstra
    Participant

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>If anyone is planning to swim this weekend, I’m looking for someone interested in carpooling to one of the OWS locations!Options include: Sunday morning sunrise swim at National Harbor, SwimFest Fort Ritchie, Hammerman Area Beach, or Sandy Point State Park

I’m in Colombia Heights and flexible between all of these options.

Cheers,

Emily

</div>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.