Home › Forums › Open Discussions › Races › PeasantMan 2018
- This topic has 28 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Mark Raugust.
December 14, 2017 at 12:53 pm #14839
The fun, inexpensive springtime weekend of training & racing at lovely Lake Anna is open for registration:
Video of 2017 PeasantMan:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RZZ8fTKoF4)February 13, 2018 at 9:48 pm #16655
PeasantMan Propaganda Video. No pressure early season laid back atmosphere. Register today.Registration URL:https://legacy.imathlete.com/events/EventOverview.aspx?fEID=67019
Posted by High Cloud PeasantMan Triathlon on Tuesday, February 13, 2018March 19, 2018 at 8:46 am #17531
Latest news:March 25, 2018 at 11:01 pm #17688Balaji NatarajanParticipant
Is there a Relay option available?March 26, 2018 at 9:11 am #17696
Stay tuned, probable annoucement soon.March 26, 2018 at 9:36 am #17697Balaji NatarajanParticipant
Thanks Ed!March 28, 2018 at 12:17 pm #17776
The PeasantMan Triathlon has added THREE new events to its race & training weekend, on May 5-6, at Lake Anna, VA.
Also is adding a relay option.
Besides the Sprint and Oly, it just added a Relay Team Sprint, Relay Team Oly, and Super Sprint to the weekend of events. The Super Sprint is designed for newbies to get acclimated into the sport.
All this is geared to the newbie, rookie triathlete.
The Super Sprint price includes entry to the race and the open water clinic the day before. The clinic will allow athletes to swim in an open water environment with kayak and buoys support. The swim clinic costs $20, but newbies that sign up for the Super Sprint will get a FREE entry into the open water swim the day before the race! The Super Sprint distance is: 400 meters swim, 1 mile run, 11 miles bike.
Ntm long bike ride, running clinic, barbecue, and special cupcakes at the end of the tri, among other special events.
(https://www.facebook.com/PeasantMan/videos/1978447698836498/March 28, 2018 at 2:26 pm #17807Denise DavisParticipant
I don’t see the super sprint as an option in registration? Am I missing something?
Thanks!March 28, 2018 at 3:06 pm #17812
It’s up now.April 8, 2018 at 5:15 pm #18180
FYI: If you have not register yet, do it soon. Anyone who register prior to Wednesday, April 11 will have their personal name (or whatever word they want to have) printed on their bibs. Anyone who register after that will just have a number.
–TuanApril 12, 2018 at 12:32 pm #18758
Open water swim … in case anyone wants to get their yardage in, in an open water environment with kayak and buoy supportApril 12, 2018 at 12:37 pm #18759
WaveOne’s Swim Clinic, PeasantMan Triathlon, Training & Racing Weekend, May 5-6, Lake Anna, Virginia–
For those looking for the Open Water Swim clinic, the registration URL is at the bottom of this section. If you registered for the short Super Sprint race, there is no need to go through the OWS registration link.
For all regular sprint and Oly registrants, register for the OWS clinic, please. For those unfamiliar with the OWS clinic below are the details. Keep in mind that all other clinics that we put on are free. No need to register for those.
- We bring in a professional Open Water Swim vendor, WaveOne Swimming, give you a top notch experience.
- Buoys and kayak support will be provided.
- There will be a 45 minutes lecture and Q&A session on land. Once that’s over, you will be sent into the water.
- We will provide buoys and kayak support for about 90 minutes. The buoys will be up for longer. You can swim for as long as you want.
- You can swim around the buoys or if you are new and are afraid of the open water, you can swim parallel to the beach where you can stand if you get into trouble.
- We normally attract people of all abilities to this clinic. The newbies will be out there to get their first taste of the open water, while getting groped left and right by other swimmers. The veterans will be out the to log in some longer yardage and get reacquainted with the open water.
Open water opportunities, with kayak and buoy support, do not happen often. Please take advantage of this if you can. Come out and get all the nervousness out of your system before the race. Open water swimming is a different beast than swimming in a clear pool with a black line at the bottom and lane dividers on the sides.
In a triathlon, your lane dividers consist of someone’s elbows. Your guiding black line is the feet in your face. In other words, go to the clinic and learn the trick of the trade so as to minimize your chances of experiencing a panic attack.April 15, 2018 at 2:48 pm #18943
Homemade cupcakes at the finish line for all finishersApril 17, 2018 at 6:43 pm #19034kmillieParticipant
Does anybody camping have room for one more at their campsite? I make a great fire (insert fire emoji).April 18, 2018 at 8:14 pm #19060
Opportunity for cheap good bike tuneups & wetsuit tryouts–
“The May 5-6 PeasantMan Triathlon has teamed up with WheelNuts of Alexandria to give wetsuit rentals discounts and much much more, including the best & cheapest bike tuneups. If you plan to take advantage of this, it’s probably bet to show up at their store to get a proper fitting and reserve the proper size.
To get the discount, go there and just name drop PeasantMan. A lot of you are going to do the Rev3 Willimansburg tri. That race is most likely non-wetsuit, but if ther<span class=”text_exposed_show”>e is a chance and you want to get a wetsuit for that race, just ask for Ron when you get to the store. Tell him that you want the sane type of discount as they one you got for PeasantMan. He has told me that he will be willing to work with you on that.</span>
For newbies out there, this would be a good opportunity to try out different wetsuits (i.e., sleeve/sleeveless) to see what you like more, before purchasing one down the line. Below is the deal that we’ve worked out with WheelNuts.
1. All wetsuits must be picked up and dropped off 48 hours before and after the event.
2. Cost is $30 for PeasantMan
3. 100% of the rental fees can be applied to any new wetsuit.
4. Used suits will be specially priced based on original price with no additional group discount.
5. Promotional price for Basic Tune up $75 and Precision Tune up $90.
6. Free Tube Friday-Free inner tube with purchase of Installation on any Friday leading to events.
7. 10% discount on P&A and components.
8. Payment for suit rental is completed after last event upon drop off plus any repair fees.
9. $10 repair charge on one or more cuts.
10. Renter is strongly encouraged to try on the wetsuit at Wheel Nuts for fit and Q&A.
11. Pre-Inspection to be performed by renter and Wheel Nuts staff and rental form signed.
12. Post inspection to be performed by renter and Wheel Nuts staff.
WheelNuts Bicycle Shop -(703) 548-5116
302 Montgomery St
Alexandria, Virginia 22314PeasantMan: