PeasantMan Triathlon

Home Forums News Race News PeasantMan Triathlon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dsgrunning
    Participant

Have you heard of this race called, PeasantMan?  Every year, 75% of the field is made up of DCTri club members, including ~100 NTPers.  There are also another 75 DCTri club members who come out to volunteer.  It was founded and run entirely by DCTri club members.  It is the biggest concentration of DCTri club members at any race that you will ever go to.  100% of the proceeds go to charity.  Come out, train, socialize, and perhaps pick up a sister wife/brother husband.

The race is held on Sunday, May 7, 2017 at Lake Anna (90 minutes drive from DC).  However, on Saturday, May 6th, 175 athletes show to up engage in a variety of training opportunity.  The most popular one is the open water swim that has buoys and kayak support.  Last year, more than 150 triathlete participated in that.  There are also other clinics designed for the newbies in the crowd.  These include transition clinic, basic bike maintenance, and slew of others.  We also ship in 80+ Dominos pizzas to feed the folks there.  The entire weekend is like a triathlon training camp.   The entire campsite and cabins at Lake Anna are occupied by PeasantMan triathletes.

Utterly Shameless Plug #1 –> PeasantMan Registration URL –>> http://www.imathlete.com/events/PeasantMan2017

Utterly Shameless Plug #2 –> PeasantMan Video –>> https://www.facebook.com/PeasantMan/videos/1313305262017415/

HappyRunner
    Participant

This was my first tri ever and looking back  — knowing what I know now — there could not have a better way to start my tri career.  It’s low-key and friendly, while being professional at the same time.  Highly recommended!

mosered
    Participant

It’s hard to dislike the professional video, inc GoPro and a soaring drone camera, for that event:

PeasantMan 2016 Music Video

The PeasantMan music video ….. Feel The Magic In The Air. What do you think? Share the video. Tag yourself if you are in the video.

Posted by High Cloud PeasantMan Triathlon on Wednesday, May 18, 2016

dsgrunning
    Participant

Don’t about the tables lined with free cupcakes at the finish line.

dsgrunning
    Participant

Over 100 DCTri club members have signed up so far … join the revolution, folks.   Race and socialize with fellow club members for the weekend 🙂

dsgrunning
    Participant

cupcakes at the finish line

globetrotterjon
    Participant

I hope I can make it this year…I opened my season with IM 70.3 Galveston…frankly, it wasn’t nearly as fun as Peasantman…$75 for Peasantman versus $350 bucks (plus airfare, bike shipment, meals…) for an IM branded race?  Oh wait, I got a tech t-shirt and a pathetic bag too small for my two month old to use for anything other than her trisuit.    Even though I got the rust off my system – I plan on wire brushing it a bit more with the dreaded Lake Anna hills in early May as well.

mosered
    Participant

Medstar the latest org to supply tons of swag for the May 3 HH & raffle, with a great chance of winning a prize:

(https://www.facebook.com/PeasantMan/photos/a.359407460740538.100475.333411023340182/1643954225619182/?type=3&theater)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.