Question About the General Smallwood Tri

Home Forums Open Discussions Races Question About the General Smallwood Tri

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brian O’Donnell
    Participant

hi all! for those of you that have done the General Smallwood Tri, I had a question about the swim leg. On the site, it says that the swim is in a shallow bay. How shallow are we talking? I ask because I did the Quantico Tri last year and the swim was so shallow that people ran a good portion of it. Needless to say I want to avoid having a repeat of this. Any insight would be great. Thanks!

gat_pfc
    Participant

Hi Brian, I did GSw olympic like in 2015. Water was waist deep most of the way out n back.  There was a good bit of grass to swim through at the start but I don’t remember touching bottom with hands while swimming. Hope this helps.  Also surprisingly both the ride and run were pretty hilly.  glen

Brian O’Donnell
    Participant

hi Glen,

Thanks for the insight! Much appreciated

mosered
    Participant

During the swim I encountered grass, which came in handy at the end when smoking it reduced the pain in my, joints….

gat_pfc
    Participant

Yo Ed baby ‘keep off the grass’ man it will negatively impact your mitochondrial functioning and reduce you metabolic fitness dude.

mosered
    Participant

Like they say at Smallwood, Stay off the weed(s).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.