Raleigh 70.3

Home Forums Open Discussions Races Raleigh 70.3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pmorand
    Participant

Does Raleigh 70.3 usually sell out? Any thoughts/experiences on when to register by? Thanks!

David Eng
    Participant

Good for you, our DCT prez and partnership director did that race not too long ago, and here’s the race report: http://leangreenislandgirl.com/half-ironman-raleigh-70-3/

I’ve never done it, but I imagine it will most certainly sell out.  It’s a good time of the year, not too hot yet, and great mid-Atlantic location for all the tri clubs in the area.  Also, with brand and race consolidation, there’s fewer 70.3s to choose from.

ptorresb
    Participant

And here’s my review:

Ironman 70.3 Raleigh race review

It’s a great race choice in the sense that the training grounds around DC match the Raleigh course (rolling hills, heat and humidity). It’s close enough that there should be a handful of people from the Club going, though it does conflict with Rock Hall Regional Club Championship.

I may be doing it again in 2017.

Pablo

ArgTri
    Participant

One thing to note is it could get pretty hot…I spectated Raleigh this year then raced Eagleman the week after and, as crazy as it may seem, I was happy I raced Eagleman and not Raleigh.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.