Stress Injury Return to Running Help?

Home Forums Open Discussions General Discussions Stress Injury Return to Running Help?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alyssa Berg
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m working back from a mild (caught very early) but still pesky stress reaction in my tibia at the knee in early November. I’m pain free in daily life and while swimming, biking, and hard effort elliptical, and doc says I can work back to running whenever I feel ready. I was given lots of helpful general guidelines for a healthy return to running, but I don’t have any real “plan” to follow. I’m hoping to be back to a modest but workable base level by March to start the New Triathlete Program for Olympic distance, and I’m wondering if anyone has any training schedules/plans that have worked for them coming back from this type of injury that they’d be able to share? Thanks in advance!

David Eng
    Participant

Hi, I would recommend looking into a one of the MTI training plans.  I found 4 that might work for you and there is a “Our stuff works. Guaranteed.”

Post Rehab Leg Injury Training Plan

Running Improvement Plan

Off-Season Strength for Endurance Athletes

Bodyweight Foundation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.