May 11, 2017 at 5:00 pm #11910dsgrunningParticipant
The Sunday Bike Ride with the Vertical Swimmer commences this Sunday. Meeting spot is GTown … Wisconsin and M Street, in the bank’s parking lot. Drop me an email if you are interested in joining. All paces are welcome. The ride will clip at 7 AM, sharp. Show up at 7:01 and you’ll be alone. We’ll move it to 8 AM later in the fall when daylight becomes an issue.
Here are the things to know about.
1. It’s a drop ride. Don’t expect that anyone will wait for you or to wait for anyone, so bring a friend. The goal is to have enough pace groups out there so that no one has to ride alone.
2. I will send out cue sheets every week. You can ride the entire distance or turn back early. That’s your call. We get folks of all levels out there, so don’t be shy or intimidated to come out. A lot of people do not ride the entire distance.
3. Road bikes and Tri bikes are welcome
4. Typical pace varies from week to week, depending on who shows up. The biggest group will be people who ride around my pace. If you can hold a 20 mph pace at the IM distance, you will have people to ride with every week.
5. We will stop at various locations to purchase nutrition and to use the restroom. Expect each stop to be between 15-30 miles apart.
6. Terrain will be hilly
7. Drop me an email or post your email on this thread and I’ll add you to the distro list. The distro list is where all info will be disseminated. My email address is number55555 at yahoo dot com
8. No stupid stuff. Leave the ego the attitude at home.
9. The entire schedule is below, subject to change.
Freestyle – Ride whatever distance you want, whatever route you want. This is a “getting to know you, but not really, ride”
June 18 – Vietnamese Century
July 16 – Whites Ferry
Legit Century. Well, not really.
Aug 6 TBD
Or, the Whites Ferry Loop to highjack the Reston Century course
Sept 03 –
Nothing. Volunteering at Nations Triathlon
Don’t cry for me, Argentina
Ironman Vietnam – 117 miles
October 1 — Last ride of the season