Time for a new bike?

Home Forums Open Discussions Gear Advice Time for a new bike?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TDPrange
    Participant

So other than the desire for all of us to have a N+1 bikes when is time to replace your ride with a new one?  Do you guys go on a mileage on your bike? age or just having some extra cash burning a hole in your wallet.

David Eng
    Participant

I bought my 2nd bike, because after 3 years on my aluminum/carbon fork bike, I was ready for all carbon and Di2 internal cable system.  The weight difference is humongous from an aluminum bike vs. an all carbon bike.  I was smitten the minute I lifted the Cannondale SuperSix Evo from the shop floor and it weighed like nothing.

If I had the money, my 3rd bike would be a more endurance geometry bike that can fit 28 or wider tires, disk brakes, and SRAM Red eTap.  Also, it’s gotta have some European sounding badness, like Pinarello or Colnago.  I make an exception for Canyon though.

Irenaeus
    Participant

I bought a new (well, used) bike just this year because I have my eyes set on Savageman and I’ve been riding my steel framed commuter/road bike. While a heavy bike works fine on mostly flat races like Eagleman and Nation’s, I wanted something a LOT lighter for all the climbing at Savageman.

And now that I have a bike to race and train, I can make my commuter even more of a commuter.

globetrotterjon
    Participant

You can never have too many bikes!  Seriously, I love my Fuji roadie and my QR Seduza TT bikes – the Seduza has taken me through many triathlons and could continue to do so…the song of Di2 is really strong tho….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.