Washington- Lee HS Arlington Wed Morning Track workout 2017 season

Home Forums Training Run Washington- Lee HS Arlington Wed Morning Track workout 2017 season

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kyoko Kawai Kyoko Kawai 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kyoko Kawai
    Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

Washington-Lee HS track is starting tomorrow (3/22) for 2017 season. 6am for warm up 6:15 am for workout. It will be still dark at 6am. Please bring a light if you have it.
    Workout from Jule:
    4x 1200 meter @ 10k pace followed by 400 jogging recovery between each.
    If you are a track beginner, you can start 2-3 x set instead of 4 sets.
    I hope to see you there.

Kyoko

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

Washington-Lee HS track Wednesday morning workout 4/19 , Coach Jule will be there.

We meet inside the track at the corner closest to N Stafford and Washington Blvd.
    6am warm up  (please warm up well as our workout this week starts with faster pace)
    615am get together as a group for plyometrics on the field before starting workout set

4 x 100 @ 5k pace, 15 seconds rest between each
    4 x 200 @ 10k pace, 30 seconds rest between each
    4 x 800 @ 15k pace, 2 minutes rest between each
    I hope to see you there.  If you have questions, please e-mail me.  Thanks.

Kyoko

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

Here is the Washington- Lee HS Wednesday Morning Track Workout from Jule for tomorrow.

5 x 1200 with 1:00 active recovery
    Each 1200 should get faster by at least 5-10 seconds. Aiming to get down to your 5k pace by the last one.
    <div class=”text_exposed_show”>

6am for warm up (by individual)
    6:15 am meet as a group at the corner of the track toward the N. Stafford and Washington Blvd. and start workout after some drills.

See you there.
    Kyoko

</div>

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

I am sorry that I did not post the workout past few weeks. But we are meeting every Wednesday morning 6 am for individual warm up and 6:15 am to start group workout.  Please meet us at the corner toward N. Stafford St. and Washington Blvd on the track.

May 17 workout

3 x 2000 (build each 2000 meter; 1st 2000 about 60% effort, by 3rd 2000 aim for 5K pace).  1-2 mins rest between depending on individual.

If you have question, please e-mail me.  Also, if you are a Facebook user, please check the DCTC FAAST Facebook site. Weekly workout would be posted there, too.

Kyoko

Kyoko Kawai
    Participant

Wed. Morning (5/24) track workout.

Coach Jule will be there.  Also we are providing track workout fundamentals to NTP and other track beginners.  (please meet me at 6:10am at the track)

6 am individual workout
    6:15am group workout meet us at the corner toward N. Stafford st. and Washington Blvd. on the track.

Workout:7 min. at 15K pace, 3 min active recovery, 7 mins. at 10 K pace, 3 mins. active recovery, 7 mins at 5 K pace.
    Kyoko

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.