Weekly Saturday bike ride

Home Forums Training Bike Weekly Saturday bike ride

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    mosered
    Participant

8ish til Ironman Adam Stolz says otherwise, in a springtime rite akin to Groundhog Day…

gat_pfc
    Participant

i see it more like one of the great miracles of nature–like the elk migration in Yellowstone or swallows returning to Capistrano.

8:30 am in G-town at the PNC bank until notice is given

glen

Adam Stolzberg
    Participant

Yup, 8:10/8:30 am tomorrow.  Hopefully, we’ll be peeling off the arm warmers at the BP.
    See y’all at the PNC lot waiting for the Cap Hill train!
    – Adam

Sergio Flores
    Participant

Where does the Cap Hill group meet again?

Richie Pedone
    Participant

Hey guys, new here. Was hoping to join you at the meet up tomorrow for the Saturday weekly group ride. A couple quick questions…

1) what are the pace and distance groups?

2) is this a drop or no drop ride?

Thanks!

bdwaud
    Participant

The first post in this thread has all key details, safety, etc. but here are some short answers.

Sergio -Cap Hill meets in front of Trader Joe’s , at 8th and Penn on the little triangle of bricked walkway. Clip-in by 0810.

Richie – probably not a no-drop. Pace ranges from 15mph up. Minimum Distance is 25 miles from Georgetown or 35 from Cap Hill. Some folks ride 60-100 miles.

Richie Pedone
    Participant

I appreciate the feedback, bdwaud. I’ll check out the first page for ride info.

Joseph Fengler
    Participant

Given the other DCTC event this weekend, I would like to confirm if the Saturday bike ride is taking place – and the 8:00 to 8:10 departure.  Thanks in advance,

Adam Stolzberg
    Participant

Hey Joseph, I fully expect that there will be a group ride at the 810(EM)/830(G’town) as usual.
    I’m heading down to Lake Anna for more open roads to join Adrianna and others for my planned longest ride of the year so far.  All are welcome to join us down there for an 815am clip-in.  Peasantman activities will be going on Sat/Sun.
    If anyone wants/needs more deets or wants to carpool, pm me or see ya down there!
    Cheers

– Adam

Tony Diaz
    Participant

Hey Adam. Are you guys starting the ride from somewhere inside the park? Or some other point out there?  Not been out that way before and would like join you guys.

Adam Stolzberg
    Participant

Hope you got my msg yesterday Tony but we’re starting from inside the park not far from the bathrooms.

ptorresb
    Participant

Hi all, I plan to join tomorrow May 12th. Can we make the switch to 7:10/7:30 start? It’s going to be a hot one tomorrow.

Pablo

O202
    Participant

So what the plan for tomorrow? Are we on Summer schedule- 7:10/7:30?

mosered
    Participant

I’ve contacted Adam S about the time.

Adam Stolzberg
    Participant

Pablo, how long, time wise, are you riding?

The regulars should chime with their preference.  Looking at the Highs for the next 4 Sat’s…
    91, 81, 79, 77.  65 deg@7am, 66 deg @8am tomorrow.
    If anyone going plans or riding 4 and half hours or longer tomorrow, I’d recommend switching to summer hours starting tomorrow.  Otherwise, I’d say keep it for now.
    It gets confusing switching it back and forth so once summer hours kick in, they stay until the fall.
    – Adam (unofficial Sat club ride leader)

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 334 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.