Welcome | Calendar | Events | TriOut Events | Opting In | Resources
Welcome to the DC Triathlon Club's general information page about TriOut. TriOut is an affiliate triathlon team of the DC Triathlon Club that provides its gay, lesbian, and transgender triathlete club members, and their friends, a comfortable team atmosphere for training, racing and socializing in the Washington, DC metro area.
Mark Your Calendars!
- TriOut Monthly Happy Hour
- Every 2nd Thursday of the month at various locations from 6:00PM until you need to leave! Check the Club Events page for information on the next TriOUT (LGBT and friends) happy hour!
- TriOut Member Social
- TriOut MultiClub Mixer
- Training Events
- While all club training events (bike rides, track workouts, swim sessions, etc.) are open to every member of the club, the LGBT team is also putting together training rides, runs and swims to bolster an inclusive team feel. Details/schedules coming soon.
- Featured Races
- Social Events
- DC Triathlon Club has LGBT (and friends) happy hours every 2nd Thursday of the month. Just like the club-wide happy hours, the location of the event rotates around various bars in the Washington Metro area. Check the Events page as well as the forum thread for information on and location of the next LGBT happy hour.
- Quarterly happy hour mixers with other local LGBT sport groups. Details coming soon.
- Training Camps
- The LGBT team will head out to Lost River, WV for intense training weekends, where attendees can expect to spend a 3-4 day weekend riding, running, swimming and recovering with yoga workouts. There will be presentations and seminars by some highly experienced (and even super fast) triathletes of all distances (sprint to Ironman). Discussions will encompass race strategy, training, etiquette, techniques specific to each sport and/or terrain, in addition to anything else that we can think of. This will be a great opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow TriOut members novice and veterans alike. At the very least it's a great opportunity to get out of the city and get some fresh air.
- Training Camp Dates: June 26-28, 2015
- Maximum group size: 25 participants
- Details coming soon.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- In addition to training and racing, the team will have opportunities to volunteer in the LGBT community to both fundraise to help offset cost of trips.
- Meet the Fearless Leaders
OPTING IN TO THE GROUP
If you would like to opt-in to or join TriOut, then please go here » (Link coming soon) In the meantime, please email us or find us on Facebook.