New for the 2019 season!
Show your enthusiasm for DC Tri and triathlon by becoming a DC Tri Club Ambassador. We are launching our first Ambassador Program and will be recruiting 4 DC Tri Club Members who represent the range of the Club’s diverse membership - all speed, years of experience, and lives outside of of triathlon (yes, they can exist) - to represent the club, and build the enthusiasm and community within the club.
Requirements and application information is below.
Each Ambassador will make a year-long commitment (March 2019-December 2019) to do the following:
- (At least) twice per month, each Ambassador will post a workout to the club forum and Club Facebook and ask club members to join. This is a workout that is on your training plan, on your schedule, at your pace, at a location that works for you. Our only request is that you don’t post workouts at private facilities as that would defeat the purpose of getting club members to join you (for example, a swim at a private pool wouldn’t really count). Whether anyone shows up doesn’t matter, as long as club members are invited. Workouts should be posted at least 3 days before they are scheduled to take place with a reminder the day before.
- Race (or volunteer) at least one triathlon in the DC region (preference to featured Club races (Diamond in the Rough, Eagleman, New Jersey State Triathlon, etc). Regional races can take place in the DMV or at the USAT MidEast Regional Club Championships. Ambassadors will share their regional race plans when the welcome announcement is made and share via social media and the forum to encourage others to join them. (In encouraging people to join, Ambassadors will not be responsible for arranging club tents, carpooling, or other race weekend events, unless interested).
- At least once per month, do an Instagram takeover of the @dctriclub account and post photos/stories of workouts, races, club events, training, daily life (tri related preferred).
- Promote (via forum posts, Club or personal Instagram) at least 3 Club partners during the year. With support from the Director of Partnerships (for identifying & notifying partners) promotion can include - participating in group workouts led by local shops, participate (or volunteer) in races, share purchases, etc.
- Attend at least 2 Club happy hours or other social events (Nats/United games, etc)
Use #dctriclub /tag @dctriclub in relevant personal social media posts.
- Include DC Tri Club Ambassador in social media bios.
- Race/train in Club gear.
- Be a positive representative of the club while training and racing.
Preferred but not required
- Participate in a club training program - as a registered participant or mentor.
- Attend one Member Meeting (dates TBC).
- Attend Club’s Annual Meeting (December 2019).
- Promote Club activities (events, programs, races) via personal social media.
- Use new/alternative training tools, Zwift, trail running, open water swim etc.
Lead Ambassador Responsibilities
- Communicate status of the Ambassador Program to the Director of Training on a monthly basis.
- Working in coordination with the Director of Communications to oversee schedule of Instagram takeovers.
Monitor Ambassadors’ completion of responsibilities and provide monthly update to Director of Training using template or other documentation of their choice.
Ambassador Program Benefits
- A free triathlon racing kit (top & bottom OR one-piece of the ambassador’s choice).
- A free DC Triathlon Club hat or visor.
- Additional discount on purchases made in the Club store.
- Free entry into two of the club’s training races (training triathlon, duathlons, time trials, etc.)
- Club will host a Happy Hour to meet & greet the ambassadors.
- Profile of the training ambassador on the DC Triathlon Club website.
- Recognition at the DC Triathlon Club Annual Meeting at the end of the year.
- Club will promote/repost social media postings that tag the Club.