Welcome to the DC Triathlon Club's general information page about TriOut. TriOut is an affiliate triathlon team of the DC Triathlon Club that provides its gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (LGBTQ) triathlete club members, and their friends, a comfortable team atmosphere for training, racing and socializing in the Washington, DC metro area.
- TriOut Monthly Happy Hour:
- Every 2nd Thursday of the month at various locations from 6:00PM until you need to leave! Details are posted to the TriOut Facebook Group.
- TriOut Training Weekend:
- Save the weekend of July 13-15, 2018 for the TriOut training weekend in Lost River, WV!
- December 12 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm at Nellie’s Sports Bar
Join TriOut at our monthly happy hour. This is a great opportunity to meet other LGBT triathletes, compare race schedules and training plans, and get connected with the DC Tri Club. All experience levels are welcome – you do not need to be a triathlete to attend. And we’ll have some fun in store for.......
To view the full list of TriOut Multisport Group events, visit their calendar page:
About the TriOut Multisport Group
- Brody Gardner
- Sean Maloney
- Dirk Smith
- Joyce Jones (Director of Community Development and Outreach)
- DC Triathlon Club holds TriOut happy hours every 2nd Thursday of the month. Just like the club-wide happy hours, the location of the event rotates around various venues in the Washington Metro area.
- Quarterly happy hour mixers with other local LGBT sport groups.
- Check the club calendar for any upcoming social mixers/events.
- While all club training events (bike rides, track workouts, swim sessions, etc.) are open to every member of the club, the LGBT team is also putting together training rides, runs and swims to bolster an inclusive team feel. Swim, bike, and run training events can be found on the TriOut calendar and Facebook Group.
Featured Races & Events
- In addition to DC Triathlon Club featured races, the TriOut team is pushing to get a group of LGBT athletes to focus on the following races:
- March 22, 2018 – Team DC Sports Fest
- April 21, 2018 - Rumpus in Bumpass (Olympic)
- May 12-13, 2018 – Kinetic Weekend (TriOut Race: Sprint and Half Distance)
- May 20, 2018 – Bear Triathlon (TriOut Race and Mid-Atlantic Club Championships-Olympic Distance)
- June 6, 2018 – Pride 5K and Happy Hour (beer garden afterwards. We will have a TriOut team)
- June 23, 2018 - Swim for Life (Training swim)
- July 13-15, 2018 – TriOut Lost River Training Weekend
- August 5 - 11, 2018 - Gay Games Paris (Triathlon, Marathon)
- August 19, 2018 – Ironman Mont Tremblant Weekend (TriOut Race)
- September 9, 2018 – Nation’s Tri (TriOut Race or Volunteer at the DCTC Water Stop)
- December 1, 2018 – Rehoboth Half and Full Marathon (TriOut Race)
- For most of these races housing and transportation will be on your own, but we can use the facebook page to try to match people up with houses/rides.
- The LGBT team will head out to Lost River, WV for intense training weekends, where attendees can expect to spend a 3-4 day weekend riding, running, swimming and recovering with yoga workouts. There will be presentations and seminars by some highly experienced (and even super fast) triathletes of all distances (sprint to Ironman). Discussions will encompass race strategy, training, etiquette, techniques specific to each sport and/or terrain, in addition to anything else that we can think of. This will be a great opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow TriOut members novice and veterans alike. At the very least it's a great opportunity to get out of the city and get some fresh air.
- Training Camp Dates: July 13-15, 2018
- Maximum group size: 25 participants.
- In addition to training and racing, the team will have opportunities to volunteer in the LGBT community to both fundraise to help offset cost of trips, training events and social gatherings.