Welcome to the DC Triathlon Club's general information page about TriOut. TriOut is an affiliate triathlon team of the DC Triathlon Club that provides its gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (LGBTQ) triathlete club members, and their friends, a comfortable team atmosphere for training, racing and socializing in the Washington, DC metro area.
- TriOut Monthly Happy Hour:
- Typically every 2nd Thursday of the month at various locations from 6:00PM until you need to leave! Details are posted to the TriOut Facebook Group.
- TriOut Training Weekend:
- Save the weekend of June 5 – 7, 2020 for the TriOut training weekend in Lost River, WV!
There are no Upcoming TriOut Multisport Events.
To view the full list of TriOut Multisport Group events, visit their calendar page:
About the TriOut Multisport Group
- Brody Gardner
- Sean Maloney
- Dirk Smith
- DC Triathlon Club holds TriOut happy hours every 2nd Thursday of the month. Just like the club-wide happy hours, the location of the event rotates around various venues in the Washington Metro area.
- Quarterly happy hour mixers with other local LGBT sport groups.
- Check the club calendar for any upcoming social mixers/events.
- While all club training events (bike rides, track workouts, swim sessions, etc.) are open to every member of the club, the LGBT team is also putting together training rides, runs and swims to bolster an inclusive team feel. Swim, bike, and run training events can be found on the TriOut calendar and Facebook Group.
Featured Races & Events
- The LGBT team will head out to Lost River, WV for intense training weekends, where attendees can expect to spend a 3-4 day weekend riding, running, swimming and recovering with yoga workouts. There will be presentations and seminars by some highly experienced (and even super fast) triathletes of all distances (sprint to Ironman). Discussions will encompass race strategy, training, etiquette, techniques specific to each sport and/or terrain, in addition to anything else that we can think of. This will be a great opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow TriOut members novice and veterans alike. At the very least it's a great opportunity to get out of the city and get some fresh air.
- In addition to training and racing, the team will have opportunities to volunteer in the LGBT community to both fundraise to help offset cost of trips, training events and social gatherings.