2018 Training Triathlon @ Fort Richie
A DCTriClub Volunteer Supported Event!
- Date: Sunday, June 17, 2018
- Check in: 7:00-7:30am
- Pre-race meeting: at 7:45
- Race start:
- 8:00am (number of participants will determine if waves are necessary)
- 14421 Lake Royer Drive, Cascades, MD 21719 - Directions
- 750m open water swim
- 24k (14.88 mile) bike ride
- 5k (3.1 mile) run
- maps & cue sheets (note, use the sprint distance)
- Early Bird Pricing: $40 (May 14-May 31);
- General Registration: $50 (June 1-June 15)
- Registration closes at 6:00pm, June 15. NO EXCEPTIONS
- RAIN OR SHINE EVENT. NO REFUNDS.
- Register via WebScorer
- Park as designated on the maps & cue sheets link, above
- Course will NOT be closed to traffic
- There will be two aid stations on the course - at the swim finish and run start; athletes will be responsible for bringing their own nutrition/hydration
- Course turns will be marked with tape and/or signage, but there will NOT be course marshals. Athletes should bring cue sheets (see link for maps & cue sheets, above).
- Bathrooms and shower facilities are located in the community center (we will not have access to the boat house)
- Athletes responsible for all gear including swim cap. USAT rules will apply. You will not be permitted to ride if you do not have a helmet.
- TBD - will be announced
- 2-3 Volunteers are needed Saturday 6/16 for course marking. Course markers can participate in the event Sunday for FREE. If you do not choose to race on Sunday, course markers will earn 4 points towards a free membership.
- 10-12 volunteers will be needed Sunday to run the event (check in, timers, water support, etc). Volunteers will earn 4 points towards a free club membership.
- Register as a volunteer (go to the race registration link). You can also email the race director.
- Register to volunteer via WebScorer
- Becky Hirselj, email firstname.lastname@example.org