2018 Training Triathlon & Aqua Velo @ Fort Richie
A DCTriClub Volunteer Supported Event!
- Date: Sunday, June 17, 2018
- Check in: 7:00-7:30am
- Pre-race meeting: at 7:45
- Race start:
- triathlon 8:00am (number of participants will determine if waves are necessary)
- aquabike to start 10 minutes after last triathlon wave
- 14421 Lake Royer Drive, Cascades, MD 21719 - Directions
- 750m open water swim
- 24k (14.88 mile) bike ride
- 5k (3.1 mile) run
- maps & cue sheets (note, use the sprint distance)
- Early Bird Pricing: Triathlon $35; Aquabike $25 (May 29-June 12)
- General Registration: Triathlon $45; Aquabike $35 (June 13-July 21)
- Registration closes at 11:59pm, July 21. NO EXCEPTIONS
- RAIN OR SHINE EVENT. NO REFUNDS.
- Register via WebScorer
- Park as designated on the maps & cue sheets link, above
- Course will NOT be closed to traffic
- Aid stations will not be provided
- Course turns will be marked with tape and/or signage, but there will NOT be course marshals. Athletes should bring cue sheets (see link for maps & cue sheets, above).
- Bathrooms and shower facilities are located in the community center (we will not have access to the boat house)
- Athletes responsible for all gear including swim cap. USAT rules will apply. You will not be permitted to ride if you do not have a helmet.
- TBD - will be announced
- 4 Volunteers are needed Saturday 7/22 for course marking. Course markers can participate in the event Sunday for FREE and will earn 2 points towards a free membership. If you do not choose to race on Sunday, course markers will earn 4 points towards a free membership.
- 10-12 volunteers will be needed Sunday to run the event (check in, timers, water support, etc). Volunteers will earn 5 points towards a free club membership.
- Register as a volunteer (go to the race registration link). You can also email the race director.
- Register to volunteer via WebScorer
- Becky Hirselj, email firstname.lastname@example.org