Reply To: Williamsburg Race Weekend

Hutchings
Participant

<div>Is anyone racing Rev 3 this weekend?  If yes, trust the training, you are ready physically.  Your challenge will be staying on the nutrition and fluids and managing the heat.</div>
<div></div>
<div>I will be at Williamsburg, so please reach out if you have any last minute questions, concerns, nerves, etc.  I am racing the Olympic after taking the last few weeks off so this is a low key race for me.  In other words, please don’t hesitate to grab me – you will not be interfering with my race plan unless I am mid-race!  On Saturday, if anyone wants to join me, my training plan is to do a practice swim then a 45 min brick (30 bike/15 run), all of it easy except for 3-4 short race day sprints.  Then get out of the sun/heat for the rest of the day.  I will be wearing a DC Tri/Snapple kit on Saturday and DC Tri/District Taco kit on Sunday.</div>
<div></div>
<div>A couple suggestions to deal with the heat – I like to freeze my secondary bike bottles and run bottles overnight.  Just make sure they are not frozen solid which usually is not an issue with hotel mini-fridges.  I also come off the bike extremely hot.  I think I am managing the heat/fluids fine on the bike but as soon as I get off the bike the heat hits me like a ton of bricks since the “wind” has stopped.  So I have an extra water bottle in transition to drink/dump on myself to help lower the body temperature.  I will even carry it for the first mile if I need it to help sort myself out and to prepare for the rest of the run.  As you know, that first mile is more about finding your running legs and getting settled into a rhythm.</div>
<div></div>
<div>Good luck and have fun this weekend!</div>
<div></div>
<div>Cindy</div>