March 8, 2018 at 9:00 am #17259
My biggest takeaway was from the Race Planning session and the conversation around the Event itself and the 5 bags you have to pack:
- Bike Bag (Have to hand in day before the race)
- Bike Special Needs Bag (For retrieval halfway through bike course)
- Run Bag (Have to hand in day before the race)
- Run Special Needs Bag (For retrieval halfway through run course)
- Day of bag
Things you have to account for:
- Clothing – Have to account for variations in temperature and light for your race duration, clean clothes
- Nutrition – Restocking foods, salts, water, etc.
- Parts – Tubes, CO2, etc.
- You won’t be getting the special needs bags back. The items will be donated to charity!
- Need to make sure you start to plan what goes into these bags starting on day 1 of three week taper