Reply To: The President responds…

Home Forums News Club Management The President responds… Reply To: The President responds…

JHJ20012
Participant

Regarding Bryan’s post addressing the value of membership to the Club’s “older” members, I would add two points from the perspective of someone who falls in the “older” category at age 50.

First – one of the aspects of triathlon that I’ve always enjoyed during my 9 years in the sport is the ability to train with athletes of all ages.  A group of 8 of us trained for Ironman Lake Placid together in 2013 and our ages ranged from the 20s to the 50s, and while there were certainly snickers when the 20-something asked us what a rotary phone was, the training bonds were strong and we remain friends and training partners to this day.

Second – as Director of Community Development and Outreach, I encourage you to contact me if you have ideas or want to brainstorm about fostering a stronger community among the older members of the club.  My goal is for everyone to find their place in the club.  My email is community@dctriclub.org.  Let’s be in touch!

#thereisaplaceforeveryoneinDCTRI

Joyce

Director, Community Development and Outreach|DC Triathlon Club