Reply To: Master Swim Program Present Swim Video Analysis

Bill Healy
Participant

I participated in the Video Analysis, and it was great.  If a picture tells a thousand words, then a video tells….well, a lot more.  The coaches gave great feedback in the one hour session, and they really put a lot of time and thought into the video analysis.  I consider myself a very weak swimmer, so having some key points on which to work to improve my efficiency is great.

Seeing yourself on video really hammers home things that you may have heard or read about swimming.  For example, I never realized how un-streamlined I was in the water until seeing the video and getting feedback.

Another great part of the analysis was the coaches’ insights on sighting.  Considering that sighting is probably involved in at least 10% of the swim strokes during races, it is worth finding ways to do so more effectively.  For example, I saw how my forward momentum essentially stopped whenever I pulled my head up to sight.

All in all, a great opportunity that I would definitely recommend should the Master’s coaches offer it again.