Since our first clinic is just over a week away, this is a great time to talk about what is expected and what to bring.
First of all, these clinic days are a major undertaking with 30+ volunteers and 150 participants between all training programs. So we ask you to:
- Be on time *****March 8 is Daylights Savings Time. Clocks move forward an hour. Please plan accordingly
- Stick to the schedule (not overtaking conversations when we need to move on to the next clinic/group, etc)
- Respect all participant’s participation since this is a group training program
- Plan accordingly. We often get set back when participants transition in and out of the pool. So please give yourself enough time to get to all clinics on time. You have 15 minutes to make this happen. Great time to practice your transition skills! ?
One of the best ways to be prepared and plan is bringing the appropriate items with you. For the first skills clinic day (March 8), you will need to bring:
- Your own lunch (all presenters and volunteers know you will be eating your lunch when desired)
- Comfortable clothes
- Bike, helmet, cycling shoes and (cold weather) biking gear
- Swim gear
- Foam roller
For the second skills clinic day (March 15), you will need to bring:
- Your own lunch (all presenters and volunteers know you will be eating your lunch when needed/desired)
- Running gear
- Swim gear
- Comfortable clothes for all other clinics (like injury prevention where they will be putting you through warm up drills, glut activation exercises, etc).
Look forward to seeing you next Sunday!