Reply To: 2019/2020 Board of Directors Nominations

Home Forums News Club Management 2019/2020 Board of Directors Nominations Reply To: 2019/2020 Board of Directors Nominations

hoyamarg
Participant

I would be honored and thrilled to be in consideration for the DC Tri Club Board.  I have been a member of the club for four GLORIOUS years.  I’ve benefitted from the Olympic Distance Triathlete Program as well as Off-Season Spin.  Unfortunately, I did not hear about DC Tri Club’s NTP program until I was already on another team but I am a huge fan of all three programs the club offers.

I am originally from Southern California where I learned how to swim when I was 10 years old and when my parents realized it might be a source of college scholarships, put me on a year-round club team only strengthening the Asian parents’ stereotype!  Much to their dismay, I received zero college scholarships but did enjoy playing water polo on the men’s club team at Georgetown University.

I have given back to the club by volunteering at Nation’s Tri the last few years (minus this year obviously) as well as NTP’s clinics in Lake Anna.  I’ve served as a mentor to an NTP and am active with the Capitol Hill group responding to questions about nutrition, races, training, etc.  I have gained so much knowledge and developed relationships with so many awesome club members that I would love the opportunity to give back in a greater capacity.