Reply To: Diamond in the Rough Training Weekend: May 31 – June 2

AllisonLN
Participant

Thanks for posting this AJ!  I need to do another update to the website, but my day job keeps getting in the way of the fun stuff.

I’m the director of training and these weekends fall under my area, so to answer your questions, yes, the cost covers the campsite rentals (it’s tent camping bring your own tent/find a friend willing to share) – details and sign up for these will go out about 2 or 3 weeks ahead of time. People typically trickle in sometime on Friday afternoon/evening depending on when they get out of work/DC. We typically do a group ride on Saturday morning, and folks can do a brick. Then in the afternoon we’ll do a open water swim. No official clinic, but some in-water watchers.  Sunday is pretty casual, run/ride depending on what people have on their plans.

Food is the one thing that we don’t cover – I’ll have some snacks and will provide firewood if people want to cook together, and I’m also looking for options in the area to go out if that’s what people want.

If you have other questions, let me know it’ll help me make the website better too. Also, I am looking for people to help volunteer for things like sag on the ride/water support etc, so keep that in mind too. It won’t mean you miss all your training, but it’ll help the weekend run smoother.

I hope we get a good group out!

Allison

Director of Training