November 11, 2021 at 9:05 pm #36460
There are so many people I would like to nominate to these categories. But, I came down to these nominations.
- Club Member of the Year Courtney Waltimyer : Even a few weeks before her passing, she was willing to help New Triathlete Program from Florida if there were any needs. Her willingness to help other athletes/encourage each other represents DC Tri Club.
- Most Improved Female Juliana Bilowich: At the 2021 Waterman triathlon, she cut 30 minutes from her NTP Olympic distance Waterman triathlon in 2019. She did extensive OWS by swimming between different islands in Greece during summer and became a strong swimmer. Also her weight lift training added more power to her run.
- Most Improved Male Luke Engan: After taking a long break from his first super sprint triathlon in 2012, he returned to triathlon and completed Eagleman and Ironman Idaho in 2021.
- Veteran Athlete of the Year Female Cindy Hutchings: She was qualified for Kona at her first Ironman distance triathlon and also qualified for Kona at her second Ironman in 2021 at IM Maryland. Amazing.
- Veteran Athlete of the Year Male Evan Shinbaum: he enjoys HIM distance races and he was qualified and raced the HIM Championship at St. George this year. He was also certified as a USAT Level 1 triathlon coach in 2021 and he is exciting to help triathletes achieve their goals.