Brand New

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    huhjenni
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Jenni and I recently joined this club in order to pursue new challenges!

I am mainly a marathon/ultra runner (at a slow pace) and currently living in Silver Spring (MoCo), MD! Most of the time I am either running at Rock Creek Park, Capital Crescent Trail, or Chesapeake and Ohio Canal. I have a marathon in a couple months that I am training for, but I am riding a stationary bike (because it is freezing outside), swimming occasionally, and of course running all the time in order to ease into this new sport. But I could use a lot of help and advice, and I’m excited to learn from all of you.

This is a new and exciting venture for me, and I am excited to meet you guys/girls and make new friends!

dsgrunning
    Participant

Hi Jenni,

Join the NTP program, if you are new to the sport.

Sign up for PeasantMan, if you want to meet other club members. Every year, more than 100 DCTri club members attend the PeasantMan training/race weekend at Lake Anna. These people include folks in the NTP, Oly, Half Ironman, and Ironman training programs. There will be zero training/racing events where you will be among more DCTri folks than at PeasantMan. Besides from all the DCTri folks racing, there will be 50+ DCTri folks there to volunteer. Race day is Sunday, but there will be about 100 people who show up on the day before to train/socialize and eat, like a company picnic. Many will rent campspots at the lake for the week, a few will get hotel rooms … so come out 🙂

You can see a video of it from below.
    https://www.facebook.com/PeasantMan/videos/1978447698836498/

This is the registration link
    https://legacy.imathlete.com/events/PeasantMan2019

100% of the proceeds go to charity. It was founded by club members, like yourself, during a DCTri Happy Hour. 100% of the the people putting on PeasantMan are DCTri club members. As a bonus, the co-RD also lives in Silver Spring, runs in Rock Creek, and is a marathoner, so you may run into him without knowing it 🙂

–Tuan

mosered
    Participant

You might check out the very fun Montgomery County (Moco Mafia) chapter of the club in your area.

Come to the club HH, and the splash & dash at Cath U, and PeasantMan, and the Diamond in the Rough Tri, and the Saturday long rides out of Georgetown, et all–all these events will have dozens if not a hundres-plus clubbers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.