IM Maryland – camping?

Home Forums Open Discussions Races IM Maryland – camping?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mjp396
    Participant

I’ve finally taken the plunge and signed up for IM Maryland. I’m trying to do it on the cheap – does anyone know if there are any tenting options nearby for race weekend?

HappyRunner
    Participant

In answer to your question…..there’s a tent campground in Taylors Island which is about 35-45 minutes away.  It’s attached to a mobile home park.  It’s a bit sketchy, imho.

Now you didn’t ask but… RU really ready to camp in possibly rain/cold after spending $750 for the race and countless hours in training?  I stayed about five minutes from the starting line in a really great AirBNB room for $100.  There are still options for substantially less than that available now.

Whatever you do — good luck and have fun!

kev7
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Check the Athlete’s Guide. I believe that it lists two options in Cambridge to camp.</p>

mjp396
    Participant

Thanks both. I’ve booked a spot at the Y. Camping will be relative luxury compared to sleeping in my car before remote ultra marathons 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.