Rec for Heart Rate Monitor?

Home Forums Open Discussions Gear Advice Rec for Heart Rate Monitor?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mlwilliams918
    Participant

Hey triathletes,

I just signed up for my first off-season spin program, and I see that it says we should bring a heart rate monitor with a lap function. I regularly work out with a Fitbit Surge, which has a heart rate function, but I know it’s not the most reliable device and it doesn’t track laps. Anyone have a recommendation for a basic monitor that would work for the spin program? Bonus points if it’s also waterproof for pool use.

Thanks!

Melanie

ynie88
    Participant

Hi Melanie,

My name is Yuchen, one of the instructors for off-season spin. If you’re not planning on buying a new watch/computer anytime soon for this sport, I would highly recommend the Wahoo Tickr. It’s what I use, and it works with pretty much anything because it’s dual broadcasting (ie. both ANT+ and BLE). This means that you can use it with your phone, or with a Garmin should you decide to get one.

Whenever I do indoor training, I generally use the Tickr with my iPhone because of the large display and I can see everything. But then, when I do a brick workout, I’ll power up my watch, and it’ll pick up my heart rate with the same strap.

Hope this helps!

Yuchen

mlwilliams918
    Participant

Thank you! Just ordered!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.