Winter Training Options

Home Forums Training Bike Winter Training Options

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bmcelroy
    Participant

Hi all-I’m signed up for the 2017 Off-Season Spin Saturday program, but am looking for some weeknight options as well (so that I don’t have to face my trainer alone too often). Ideally, this would be something geared toward triathletes and not your average 50 min spin class. I know that there is now a Thursday night Off-Season Spin program, which I am considering, but I just wanted to see if folks have other winter training suggestions for weeknights. I live and work in DC, but have a car. Thanks!

laurenlaughs
    Participant

I would highly recommend taking some classes at Wired Cycling in NE (www.wiredcycling.com). Look for Leti, Claudette or Lauren (me) on the schedule — all are serious cyclists and/or triathletes and teach accordingly — but all of the instructors are great! They’re all equipped with power meters and cadence sensors, so you can track your progress and ride accordingly.

Off Road is also an awesome studio with a lot of cyclists and triathletes on the schedule. A couple of NOVA bike shops also offer Computrainer classes (The Bike Lane Reston and Green Lizard Cycling). Another favorite instructor who is into cycling is Dru Ryan — he teaches at Mint, Biker Barre and Equinox.

bmcelroy
    Participant

Great, thanks for all of the info Lauren!! I’ll try out some of these options.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.