Reply To: 2021 Race Safety – Thoughts?

Home Forums Open Discussions Races 2021 Race Safety – Thoughts? Reply To: 2021 Race Safety – Thoughts?

RunBikeDavid
Participant

I did the Hagerstown Duathlon where I believe they followed the USAT guidelines. The bikes were spaced out more in transition so instead of having 6-7 bikes per rack it was only 3 which felt luxurious. It was a timed start and you had to wear a face covering when not racing. They had bin at the start if you wanted to drop your mask and also gave out disposable masks at the finish line in case you didn’t have one. For the aid stations, they gave out water in plastic water bottles and I think the snacks were individually wrapped.

I also did a running race and it was cupless so you had to bring your own water bottle or inflatable cup. That might be something to practice if you aren’t used to running long distances carrying a water bottle. I think it depends on the race though and some will give little plastic water bottles like the Hagerstown Duathlon.

Depending on the race, there may not be an awards ceremony to avoid congregating at the end. For example, the Ex2 trail races I believe they mail them to you.

Overall, it felt safe and it was nice to be able to race again.