If anyone is interested in an alternative to the usual Saturday club ride this weekend, some of us are heading out to Marshall VA to do the Mt. Weather & Blue Mountain loop (there’s an option to do just Mt. Weather).
- Date: Saturday 5/28
- Clip-In Time: 8AM
- Meeting Location: Marshall VA Community Center (4133 Rectortown Rd, Marshall, VA 20115).
- Route: Mt.Weather/Blue loop is 68 miles (https://ridewithgps.com/
- Alternative route: If you don’t want to do 68 miles, you can do just Mt. Weather loop, which is 55 miles (https://ridewithgps.com/
routes/33884327) and hits Naked Mountain. The two routes share the first 35 miles together.
- Regroup points:
- Bluemont General Store (Mile 23; your ONLY chance to refuel on the shorter route)
- Rte 50 intersection – 2nd crossing (Mile 35; where the two route options split)
- OPTIONAL Shenandoah Farms Grocery (Mile 44; last refueling spot for the longer route)
- CLIMBING Warning: These routes CLIMB Mt. Weather AND Blue Mountain OR Naked Mountain. These routes are NOT flat.
- Nutrition & Hydration: Come prepared with enough nutrition and hydration to carry you through at least 30 miles of riding.
- Feel free to brick run afterward (especially if you’re doing the shorter route).
Afterward, we’re heading to a nearby winery for wine and snacks. We can discuss winery options during the ride or after; there are many nearby! Please let me know if you are interested, so that we know to be on the lookout for you.