Weekly Saturday Bike Ride

Home Forums Training Bike Weekly Saturday Bike Ride

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 153 total)
  • Author

Note: Always check the most recent forum posts for specific weekly ride information.

When: Saturday mornings, clip in and depart from Capitol Hill at 7:10am (summer hours) / 8:10am (winter hours), rolling pick up in Georgetown at 7:30am (summer hours) / 8:30am (winter hours).

Where: Ride departs from 8th and Penn SE at 7:10am/8:10am and rolls through Georgetown for a pick-up at Wisconsin and M NW at 7:30am/8:30am. We roll through quickly so be ready to jump on at 7:30am/8:30am sharp.

Pace: All paces welcomed. However , this is *not* a no-drop ride. Use this thread to post your preferred pace and distance to confirm that there will be other riders going at your pace.

Distance: Anywhere from ~30-40 miles roundtrip to the gas station at the intersection of Falls Rd and River Rd, to 100+ miles. Post your ride goals to this thread to see what people are planning.

Routes: These are the typical routes we follow with occasional variations to mix it up. Variations are generally decided on the ride. All rides include a rolling pick up in Georgetown at Wisconsin and M NW.

Our RideWithGPS library with the Saturday ride route options including cue sheets: Saturday Club Ride Routes & Cue Sheets

Group Ride: Some paceline work, some hills, some re-group breaks.

Required: Helmet, flat repair kit and a basic knowledge of the ride route in the event of separation.

General Rules: No riding in aerobars in the pack unless you are pulling in front or slightly off the back. Call out pot holes, obstructions, cars, everything. No matter how obvious you think it is. Don’t roll through a stop light and lead the group into a dangerous scenario – Slow up, regroup, and don’t encourage people to blindly follow you into oncoming traffic. If you’re new to the ride, don’t be intimidated to ask questions. We may not always appear very chipper early on a Saturday morning but we all want a safe, fun ride and are happy to answer questions. For a comprehensive list of ride rules, check out our Rules of Cycling Etiquette.

Weather Policy: Check latest post for determining factors. Check weather.com “hourly forecast” for 8am Sat in zip 20003 (use the “feels like” temp).

IF you drop the ride on purpose PLEASE tell someone (preferably the ride leaders) so we don’t go looking for you. Not only is it nice but it is REQUIRED. It is a group ride and we do our best to monitor how many riders we have – we don’t leave people behind and we hold up at top of climbs to re-group.

Joseph Shields
    Participant

Hey folks – Anyone planning to ride tomorrow? I’ll be at the Gtown stop at 7:30 and then we’ll pick up some of the elite team folks from Glen Echo as we go!

Joe

Agnieszka Rysz
    Participant

Hello , is there a ride on the 17th of July?

bcfrank

There will be! Well, I’ll be there at the PNC Bank at 730, so there will be at least 1 person there. 😛

Bryan

Agnieszka Rysz
    Participant

Hi, is that in George T (Wisconsin and M)?

bcfrank

Yep. On Wisconsin, just north of M St. in Georgetown.

chucifer
    Participant

Anyone riding tomorrow?

Mike Kuta
    Participant

I’m planning on coming tomorrow, first time. Starting at Georgetown.

Matthew Cronin
    Participant

Planning to join this for first time tomorrow, probably looking to do something in the 60s range. Will other folks be joining tmrw?

bcfrank

I plan on joining the ride. I’m game for around 60ish. I’m sure there will be others at the ride as well.

Bryan

Maura Haydin
    Participant

hi everyone!! i’m super new to the club and looking to join the ride this saturday morning. is anyone starting 8th and penn? looking forward to meeting all of you! 🙂

Patrick Serfass
    Participant

A couple of us will be joining tomorrow for at least a hot lap to the BP. Maybe the T.

rtroll
    Participant

Looks to be a nice riding day tomorrow. Anyone doing the club ride?

Anyone riding tomorrow?

Amelia Chucholowski
    Participant

Is there a ride this Saturday 10/2/21? The weather looks nice! If there is, would the rides start at 7:30am or 8:30am from Georgetown? Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 153 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.