April 29, 2019 at 4:17 pm #26137dsgrunningParticipant
The 12th year edition of the Sunday Bike Ride with the Vertical Swimmer commences May 19, 2019. Meeting spot is GTown … Wisconsin and M Street, in the bank’s parking lot. Drop me an email if you are interested in joining. All paces are welcome. The ride will clip at 7 AM, sharp. Show up at 7:01 and you’ll be alone.
Here are the things to know about the ride.
1. It’s a drop ride. Don’t expect that anyone will wait for you or to wait for anyone, so bring a friend. All skills and abilities are highly encouraged to come. The goal is to have enough pace groups out there so that no one has to ride alone. We have folks of various abilities so natural paces and group will form.
2. I will send out cue sheets every week. You can ride the entire distance or turn back early. That’s your call. We get folks of all levels out there, so don’t be shy or intimidated to come out. A lot of people do not ride the entire distance.
3. Road bikes, Tri bikes, and unicycles are welcome
4. Typical pace varies from week to week, depending on who shows up. The biggest group will be people who ride around my pace. If you can hold a 19-20 mph pace at the IM distance, you will have people to ride with every week. We won’t be averaging that pace for the entire ride … mostly because the hills out in the boonies are wicked. Expect extremely slow speed around the hills and a little bit more spectacular on the flats. We typically average around 18, if not a bit slower. Again, depending on who shows up.
5. We will stop at various locations to purchase nutrition and to use the restroom. Expect each stop to be between 15-30 miles apart.
6. Terrain will be hilly
7. Drop me an email or post your email on this thread and I’ll add you to the distro list. The distro list is where all info will be disseminated. My email address is number55555 at yahoo dot com
8. No stupid stuff. Leave the ego and the attitude at home. If you are fast, go up front an pull. Everyone will appreciate it 🙂 If you are slow-er, just stay back and suck wheels. No one will shame you for doing that.
9. The entire schedule is below, subject to change.
10. Regardless of the tone of how this post comes off, we’re extremely friendly and welcoming. We won’t bite, so come out and give us a try. We’ve had NTPers come out in the past, so don’t be afraid to come out to find some training buddies.
50 miles –
Legit Century. Well, not really.
Jul 7 TBD
Aug 04 –
Don’t cry for me, Argentina
Ironman Vietnam – 0.0 mile swim, 26.2 m run, and 117 miles on the bike. If it was easy, they’d call it Ironman Cambodia.
Sept 8 — Last ride of the season …perhaps
–TuanMay 13, 2019 at 8:59 am #26286dsgrunningParticipant
First ride is this weekend. Drop me an email if interested
number55555 at yahoo dot com