Weekly Saturday Bike Ride

Home Forums Training Bike Weekly Saturday Bike Ride

Viewing 2 posts - 151 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    bcfrank
    3/30 Saturday Ride Details
    • Sunrise: 6:51AM
    • Forecast: Mid to upper 40s to start the ride, but it will warm up quickly.
    • Meetup at Georgetown PNC Bank: 7:30AM
    • ALL paces welcome.
    • This is NOT a no-drop ride.
    • This loop is about 29 miles. The out and back into Great Falls Park around Mile 13 is entirely optional. It adds a descent to the turnaround and then a climb back out. Skipping this cuts out 2.3 miles of the route.
    • Remember that DCTriClub members can create a FREE account on Ride with GPS and connect to the Club’s account to get turn-by-turn directions on your mobile devices or can download the route for turn-by-turn directions on a Garmin/Suunto/similar device.
    • This is NOT a no-drop ride, but we will regroup at the BP gas station in Potomac around Mile 17.
    • While some people ride faster than others, ALL paces are welcome. And we encourage everyone to recruit friends who ride the same speed as you so that everyone has someone to ride with.
    • Remember, this route is 29 miles so your total mileage will be that PLUS whatever it takes you to bike to and from Georegtown.
    LONGER Option for Saturday 3/30: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/43289521
    • This is the route that I (me) will be doing. Others are welcome to join me.
    • This route is about 53 miles round trip from Georgetown.
    • There will be a stop at Black lion cafe around Mile 35 for coffee and scones/pastries.
    • There are shorter, more direct routes to get to the cafe, but I want the mileage, so I’m wandering the roads a bit as opposed to going directly there. Feel free to map out your own route to get to the cafe sooner, if you want.
    • Again, this is NOT a no-drop ride, but there will be regroups at the BP and then again at the cafe.
    Please post here with any questions or comments.
    mosered
    Participant

The Black Coffee cafe in upper Gtown on MacArthur Blvd is a good place for afterwards.

Viewing 2 posts - 151 through 152 (of 152 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.