June 2, 2022 at 12:45 am #38068dsgrunningParticipant
The 15th year edition of the Sunday Bike Ride with the Vertical Swimmer commences Sunday, June 5, 2021. Meeting spot is GTown … Wisconsin and M Street, in the bank’s parking lot. Drop me an email if you are interested in joining. All paces are welcome. The ride will clip at 7 AM, sharp. Show up at 7:01 and you’ll be alone. Outside of a lightning storm, we will ride every Sunday regardless of weather.
Here are the things to know about the ride.
1. It’s a drop ride. Don’t expect that anyone will wait for you or to wait for anyone, so bring a friend. All skills and abilities are highly encouraged to come. The goal is to have enough pace groups out there so that no one has to ride alone. We have folks of various abilities so natural paces and group will form.
2. I will send out cue sheets every week. You can ride the entire distance or turn back early. That’s your call. We get folks of all levels out there, so don’t be shy or intimidated to come out. A lot of people do not ride the entire distance.
3. Road bikes, Tri bikes, and unicycles are welcome
4. Typical pace varies from week to week, depending on who shows up. The biggest group will be people who ride around my pace. If you can hold a 19-20 mph pace at the IM distance, you will have people to ride with every week. We won’t be averaging that pace for the entire ride … mostly because the hills out in the boonies are wicked. Expect extremely slow speed around the hills and a little bit more spectacular on the flats. We typically average around 18, if not a bit slower. Again, depending on who shows up.
5. Expect the group size to be quite small. Not everyone is crazy enough to log the kind of mileages we log on Sundays after Sundays after Sundays.
Below is the tentative schedule for this year. I emphasize that the below is tentative. It will change with the direction of the wind.
Ironman Vietnam – 0.0 mile swim, 26.2 m run, and 117 miles on the bike. If it was easy, they’d call it Ironman Cambodia.
number55555 at yahoo dot com