2024-2024 Board Elections

Home Forums News Club Management 2024-2024 Board Elections

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

The DC Triathlon Club is electing it’s 2024-2025 Board of Directors. We are seeking motivated candidates for the 2024-2025 Board of Directors to join the current Board members serving out the remainder of their two-year term. We encourage all interested candidates to nominate themselves for Board membership. The nominating period is open from October 11-October 27. Following the nomination period, all candidates will be placed on a ballot that will be open for voting from October 30-November19.

The guidelines for Club members who would like to run for a Board position:

• You must be a paid member for the 12-month period prior to elections, or receive a unanimous vote from the current Board, to be eligible to run (please don’t let this be a deterrent — contact us!).
    • The term is a two year commitment (January 2024-December 2025) to the Board.
    • The board meets once per month (2nd Monday of the month) and attendance or calling in is mandatory.
    • The board typically holds a weekend retreat once a year.

You should expect to commit 2-5 hours per week for Club duties.

Positions on the board that have current board members running for re-election are:

• Director of Gear (currently held by Elise Serbaroli):
    • Director of Volunteers (currently held by Charlie Taylor):
    • Club Treasurer (currently held by Patrick Pannett):

The vacancies on the board that we are looking to fill are:

• Director of Communications: in charge of the marketing and communications of the Club including the weekly newsletter and our social media presence.
    • Director of Membership and DEI: This person will lead and shape our member drive efforts to create events, messaging and new membership recruitment with an eye towards increasing our diversity and inclusion. They also support members and prospective members who have questions or concerns with the club.Club members are welcome to nominate themselves for open positions or a position that is currently held but up for re-election.

NOTE: Keep in mind that all of these positions work in tandem with the rest of the Club’s Board of Directors and also work with volunteers to make them happen. So the phrase “in charge of” could be more administrative and planning related as opposed to boots on the ground direct activity.

If you would like to nominate yourself, please fill out this form and let us know why you are a good candidate (e.g., what you have done for the Club, relevant experience that will help to make you an effective Board member, and what you would like to see happen in 2024). You must post by 11:59 pm on Friday, October 27st if you would like to be considered. Responses to this thread should only be to announce yourself as a candidate. Please send any questions to president@dctriclub.org.

Elections will be held via electronic ballot from Monday, October 30th through Sunday, November 19. The new Board members will be notified on the following weekend and will be announced at our annual meeting on December 3.

Elise Serbaroli
    Participant

Hi folx!

My name is Elise Serbaroli and I have been Director of Gear since April ‘23.  I have developed a good working relationship with Cutaway (our partner for gear-related orders). I’m responsible for assuring that new members get their new member kits and opening our club shop for special order periods (there’s one happening now! Order by Nov 1!).

This year I re-designed the new member shirts and will continue to update our swag offerings. As an active board member, I’m working on getting the club a new website/member connection platform.

I joined the DCTri club through the 2019 NTP program and have really enjoyed getting to know more and more club members and now giving back to a club that has brought so much to my life!

I welcome any and all feedback from club members. You can reach me at gear@dctriclub.org

I hope to continue in this role for the foreseeable future!

Rebecca Na
    Participant

Greetings, I’m Rebecca Na, and I’ve been an active member of DCTriClub since 2022, thanks to my involvement with the NTP program. My journey with this community has been incredibly rewarding, both in terms of personal growth and the friendships I’ve developed.

My experience with NTP in 2022 was truly fantastic, and it motivated me to give back by volunteering for NTP in 2023. Witnessing the determination of individuals to reach their goals and make a positive impact in their own lives and the lives of others has been truly inspiring.

I’m excited to express my interest in the position of Director of Communications. I’m passionate about elevating our social media presence in 2024 and deeply committed to ensuring that every member and individual connected to this club feels recognized and part of a community that matters. My intention is to contribute in various capacities, primarily by working behind the scenes.

While I do have specific deadlines and limitations, I assure you that I will communicate them in a considerate and understanding manner. If the club is open to having me on their board, it would be a tremendous honor, and I eagerly anticipate the opportunity to make a meaningful and positive impact. I also look forward to learning from the experience of other board members who have been doing this and enjoying their roles within the team.

Patrick
    Participant

Hi all, current club treasurer Patrick Pannett here. I joined DC Tri in 2010 and have served as treasurer for the last term. I love to race all distances and also find ways to give back, including to continue my role as the treasurer and support the club’s mission and vision for 2024 and beyond.

I’m a strong advocate for the club’s programs and improvements – finding efficiencies and ways to support club growth. As treasurer, I’ve managed the club’s finances, budgeting, reporting and compliance including helping the club navigate the financial challenges posed by the pandemic and ensure its sustainability and growth. I look forward to the opportunity, if elected, to continue my role.

As always, please reach out with questions – treasurer@dctriclub.org.

Charles Taylor
    Participant

Hi all! If you got a note this past year about volunteering for club training events, earning volunteer points, or how fulfilling it is to help out, chances are I sent it. Last year, I had volunteered for several events, and decided to fill the vacant Director of Volunteers board role to invite others to do the same. I have quite enjoyed my time on the board, and would like to continue doing it to follow through with our various plans to expand opportunities to volunteer (different pace leads for the Saturday ride, folks to take the club tent to races, etc.). Happy to answer any questions at volunteer@dctriclub.org.

Thanks!

-Charlie

mosered
    Participant

Might suggest changing DEI to “Outreach”. A less politically loaded term. Then have more membership drive presence at packet pickups and such. We’re Tripartisan. Rolling out…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.