DCTriClub Aid Station @ 2017 Nation's Triathlon

Home Forums News Club News DCTriClub Aid Station @ 2017 Nation's Triathlon

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bcfrank

The 2017 Nation’s Triathlon is just around the corner (just over 4 weeks away): Sunday, September 10th. We typically have over 400 active or recently active club members excitedly awaiting the opportunity to race in our nation’s capital and they can use your support (and so could those 3000 other racers).

There are many opportunities to volunteer over the entire race weekend from the expo to positions over the course of the day during the event. This particular thread is about the <u>club’s aid station</u> that will be on the run course (Aid Station #3; near the tip of Hains Point).

We would like to get at least 15-20 people together to help out on the run course during the race. The aid station will be responsible for handing out water and Gatorade and any other materials they give us (possibly cold sponges/cloths, nutrition packs and/or ice). It is a great way to see the racers, to give back to the sport which you know and love, and to hang out with some really cool fellow club members (like me, of course!). In addition, you will get a really cool volunteer shirt as well as all the free water and Gatorade that you could possibly want.

If you would like to help us out at the aid station, I ask that you please do one thing for me:
    1) Please go to this link: Nation’s Triathlon Official Volunteer Page, scroll down to “Water Stop 3 (Mile 3),” and select the check box and then click REGISTER NOW! If you have free time on Friday or Saturday, please consider volunteering for other shifts as well. Even if you are racing, you can still volunteer. Nation’s Triathlon relies heavily on our volunteer support and we get a lot back from the event organizers including some swag, some free entries and more importantly: The DC Triathlon Club wave that goes off right behind the elites! This race, like all other triathlons, could not occur without the support of volunteers. So please help the club and the race out!

I will send out an email with more specific instructions at a later date once I get more details about times and locations. We always have a great time down at the aid station blasting some tunes and cheering on our teammates and other racers. So if you’re not racing, please consider helping out!

Thank you in advance!

Bryan

… and we thank you for your support.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.