November 14, 2017 at 7:17 pm #14523moseredParticipant
c/o Megan Jones–
“Come join me down at Hains Point to raise awareness and funds for the Washington Area Bicycling Association’s Women & Bicycles program!
** Sign-up at (http://www.HainsPoint100.com) **
I deeply believe that getting more women on bikes will make DC a better place for everyone. Doing a 3-mile loop gets a little boring so for 6 years now, I’ve asked DC cycling community to join me for music, food, door prizes, hand-ups, and more!
Everyone is invited of all riding abilities. You can ride as long – or as little – as you’d like!
**Please go to (www.HainsPoint100.com) for schedule for the day and details.**
- Pit Area: South tip of Hains Point in the tour bus cut-through/parking
- 8:45 AM: Check-in, grab your door prize number
- 9:30 AM: Official Welcome, Introduction, Hellos
- 10:00 AM: Group Picture and Rollout
- 3:00 PM: Pit Area shuts down for the day
- We want you to complete your ride before we close our pit area at 3:00PM! So if you plan to ride the full 100 miles please consider joining the many who start their laps before the official “gathering” time, unless you are certain that you can finish before 3:45p (and that’s a pretty fast century, if you can). You can come into the pit area for the official welcome, and then start up again. That way, you can complete your ride prior to us closing up the “pit area” in the afternoon. (It is, of course, perfectly ok to keep riding past 3:45pm, just know that the pit area will be closed at that time.)
If driving down to Hains Point, please do not park near the pit area as it will be a high-traffic area for riders coming in and out. There’s plenty of parking along the sides, near the golf course and along Ohio Drive.
Potluck! Over the past few years, riders and their supporters have been kind enough to bring treats to share with others. If you want to help continue this tradition, please bring your contribution to one of the picnic tables and join in!
It’s okay if you arrive after 10:00am, just sign in and grab your door prize number.
Before you leave, be sure to check out the door prize drawing board to see if you’re a winner! If your number isn’t listed and you leave before the last door prize session, then pass on your number for someone else to have a chance to win. Yes, this means you must be present to win.
We’ll have plenty of bikey mechanics from local shops on site to check your bike, make adjustments or answer questions…they would love to see you and help!”