New Club Member from Morgantown, WV

Home Forums Open Discussions Introduce Yourself New Club Member from Morgantown, WV

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James Tingler
    Participant

Hey gang!

New member here all the way from the Morgantown, WV area.  My wife works in DC with one your DC Tri Club Elites and she recommended I join – so here I am!  From what I can tell, you have an impressive website of resources and a great club community!  I’m new to triathlons, my first few just this last autumn completing Olympic distances at Kinetic’s Savageman and Pleasants Landing.  I come from a cross country mountain bike racing background and even competed at USA Cycling’s CX MTB Nationals at Snowshoe a few years ago.  Army veteran from Airborne country so I guess I have a bit of a running background too!

For 2020, I’m doing a local half marathon in a few weeks, plan to do Kinetic at Lake Anna in May, I’m registered for IM70.3 Eagleman, and want to tackle the half distance Savageman too!  I’m also in a lottery to attend the NYC Triathlon  so wish me luck!

Anyways, it would be great to meet and hang out with some of you at these events.  I doubt I will ever meet you during the week for training or happy hour because I just live too far away (it’s 4+ hours for me to get to the DC area).   I look forward to getting involved with the club and learning from you!

Feel free to contact me anytime via email: jamestingler76@gmail.com

James

PS – I’m looking for a tri bike.  I’m 5’9″.

mosered
    Participant

Welcome aboard.

Tingler sounds like a skilled physical therapist…

Don’t forget the club races in NJ & Williamsburg and PeasantMan. You’ll meet many clubbers there.

James Tingler
    Participant

Thanks Mosered.  Any idea if the admins are monitoring help requests during the off season?  I sent a message asking about new member swag delivery (you know, the club sending me the sticker, water bottle, and T-shirt) as well as inquiring about remote attendance options for the season planning seminar that is occurring in Jan.

Thanks much!

mosered
    Participant

You might ask the organizers of the planning seminar to post notes on the meeting on the website or FB page.

Re the swag, I’d counsel patience.

James Tingler
    Participant

Swag received!  I feel all official now. ?

mosered
    Participant

Got that Tingley feeling…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.