New in Mt Pleasant/16th St Area

Home Forums Open Discussions Introduce Yourself New in Mt Pleasant/16th St Area

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lucie M
    Participant

Hi all, I’m Lucie. I’ve been in the area since 2019. I am still new to tris and I’ve only done one prior. I am training for the Culpeper Olympic distance tri at the end of July and a half Ironman in Indian Wells, CA in early December. I am middle to back of the pack person, and I like to start slow.

I’ve never done a HIM so I’m very interested in learning more about best ways to train for this event! Additionally the swim in will be very cold (50-60 degree water) and I haven’t experienced that before. Would love some to learn more in all respects, but especially swimming! And I’d love accountability friends nearby! We don’t have to actually work out together but it would be great to work through planning and issues with someone else! Or when it comes to open water swimming, safety in numbers; I would really like to go with another group out there. Happy to be here.

RunBikeDavid
    Participant

Welcome Lucie! For open water swim practice, you could try checking out the Wave One weekly swims. Dennis the organizer and quite a few of the swimmers there are experienced in swimming in cold water and can probably give you tips. A tip that I recently learned with swimming in cold water is to put on 2 swim caps!

mosered
    Participant

Come to the happy hour next Tuesday to meet your clubbers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.