Rock Hall

Home Forums Open Discussions Races Rock Hall

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    remi326
    Participant

Does the club have a discount code for Rock Hall 2017?

Adam Stolzberg
    Participant
    Brian Pranske
    Participant

I”M IN!!

I just registered for the Rock Hall Triathlon – this will be my first triathlon!

mosered
    Participant

A fun, flat course with a ton of clubbers attending.

And you might tri the PeasantMan Training weekend in May; good preparation for it.

globetrotterjon
    Participant

Be wary of the flat bike course in Rock Hall if it’s your first race – the temptation to hammer away is very strong and have no doubt – you will pay for that on the run.  The run is flat as well – but it’s hot and you can mess yourself up really badly if you’re not careful.  When I did the race in 2015 a fellow in good shape went way too hard on the swim and bike and paid the price with heat stroke in the run – he literally almost died.  Had to be medevaced for an organ transplant in Baltimore.  Given the ridiculously late start of the swim waves, I really recommend not/not wearing a wetsuit if it’s even close to being on the bubble for a wetsuit legal swim.  Better to be a scosche slower and cool than overheat/dehydrate out of the swim and be in arrears on hydration for the rest of the race.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.