Weekly Saturday Bike Ride

Home Forums Training Bike Weekly Saturday Bike Ride

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    William Black
    Participant

Anyone doing the Saturday am bike ride tomorrow?

Justin Sanak
    Participant

I’ll be there, going long.

bcfrank

9/16 Ride: I’m riding out of Frederick on Saturday, but I encourage everyone to head out from G’town on Saturday and enjoy the weather! Autumn is about here and the cooler weather is setting in! Enjoy your rides!

Bryan

bcfrank

9/16 Ride: I’m riding out of Frederick on Saturday, but I encourage everyone to head out from G’town on Saturday and enjoy the weather! Autumn is about here and the cooler weather is setting in! Enjoy your rides!

Bryan

Jack Malde
    Participant

Anyone riding tomorrow am? I’m fairly new to riding, not planning a long one.

mosered
    Participant

I’m watching Saturday’s weather for any sports workout.

Jack Malde
    Participant

Ooh yes not looking great. I won’t bother if it’s going to rain.

Elise Goldfine
    Participant

Hi! Is there a ride tomorrow morning? I am new to the club and the DC area and am looking for good roads for riding.

Jack Malde
    Participant

I’m up for riding tomorrow. Also new to the club, and quite new to riding so probably not looking for a very long/quick ride.

bcfrank

There will likely be a ride tomorrow. A lot of us are in Rock Hall, MD this weekend for a race, so I’m not sure who all will show up. But I hope you all have a great ride!

Bryan

Elise Goldfine
    Participant

Great! I’ll be out tomorrow, hopefully see you and others there Jack.

Jack Malde
    Participant

Great! I’ll be joining at the Georgetown pick up at 7:30

bcfrank

For 10/14 Saturday ride: hoping the weather improves, but come join the Club at the Fall Bricknic at Bensville Park. There are 26 (entirely on the Indian Head Rail Trail) and 55 mile (heads out down to Nanjemoy, MD) options. The trail is really nice and the roads out there are great to ride on (wide shoulders on most roads and low traffic in other areas). See the EventBrite for details:
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oktoberfest-bricknic-2023-tickets-718810931847

Please RSVP so that the organizers for the Club can plan how much food is necessary!

Bryan

bcfrank
    11/4 Saturday Ride: NOTE MEET TIME is 8:30AM in Georgetown!
    The last official Saturday weekly ride event of the year. We fall off DST on Sunday and the weather is getting colder (and my Saturday mornings are basically full for the rest of the year…).
    Join me for some coffee at Black lion cafe. This is the route that I will be following:
    There are shorter/faster ways to get to the cafe in Rockville if you don’t want to bike 53 miles or want to start later and meet there. Also open to finding some brunch spots back in/near G’town at the end of the ride if anyone wants! It will be chilly, so dress warmly!
    Bryan
    bcfrank

It’s March 2024, which means we are about to spring back to DST and the weather is about to warm up. The groundhog called for an early spring, so we will soon see if he/she/it was right!

The first official Saturday Club Ride of 2024 will be on March 30th, the weekend after Off-Season Spin ends. Get your bike dusted off, cleaned up, and off the trainer as we head out from Georgetown toward Potomac, MD.

ALL paces and all levels of experience welcome. This is NOT a No-Drop ride (there will be at least one re-group point) so we encourage everyone to either be familiar with the route or use a GPS device for turn-by-turn directions.

We encourage everyone to create a FREE RideWithGPS account and then associate your free account with the DCTriathlonClub’s RideWithGPS Club account. Doing so gives you all features of a premium account at no cost to you (active club memberships will be checked); an $80 savings to you as part of your annual club membership. #theclubthatpaysyouback

Routes for each Saturday ride will be posted here and on Facebook with a link to a RideWithGPS route that can be used for turn-by-turn directions on your phone. Alternatively, you can download a gpx or tcx file of that route for upload to a Garmin or other smart watch (AppleWatch owners can use the RideWithGPS companion app).

Please make sure to check this thread AND the Club’s Facebook Events page for the latest information on the club ride, weather adjustments, and routes.

Bryan

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 153 total)
You need to be a paid member in order to access this topic: Join, or Login if you’re a member.