March 10, 2018 at 8:54 am #17292
that sounds about right for me, However I won’t be able to make it for 10 am today. Please keep posting and will try to join next time.
Have a great ride!March 29, 2018 at 11:49 am #17857
Anyone interested in riding at 9am from PNC G’town Sat? I’d be willing to push it to 930 if that’s the preference.
Thinking around 2.5 hrs at ~17 mph.
– AdamMarch 29, 2018 at 11:51 am #17858rauyerParticipant
I’m in for 9am!March 29, 2018 at 1:47 pm #17861
I’m thinkin about it. Can confirm tomorrow after my Dr visit for me knee.
glenMarch 30, 2018 at 7:07 pm #17893
PNC -on Wisconsin and M Street?March 30, 2018 at 11:03 pm #17898
Yup, that one!April 8, 2018 at 9:29 pm #18181rtrollParticipant
Coming back from the DCT graveyard here to antagonize next weekend’s Saturday ride. Weather is looking mint. Who’s in for a ride and to make this a season opener crowd?April 9, 2018 at 10:12 am #18187
Weather forecast has been very unreliable… if it stands, I will make plans to join.April 9, 2018 at 10:24 am #18188
Having ridden several Saturdays the last couple months by myself to Potomac, I’d be happy to join up with some of my more fair weather club friends in g-town. I’ll probably be the overdressed one.
glenApril 9, 2018 at 11:53 am #18204bdwaudParticipant
Still 9am in Georgetown? So I’m guessing 8:30 or so for slower Cap Hill folks on the NW corner of 8th and Penn. near Trader Joe’s.April 12, 2018 at 4:38 pm #18770Connor WilliamsParticipant
I’ll join! I’m down to meet near the Trader Joe’s at 8th and Penn at 8:30, aiming to meet the georgetown folks at 9April 12, 2018 at 9:34 pm #18793HutchingsMember
I am a fair weather rider finally coming out of hibernation. When do we switch to summer hours? Looks like it will be 61 at 7 am on Saturday.April 12, 2018 at 10:18 pm #18808
Not Till Adam says so! Always been that way.
glenApril 12, 2018 at 10:24 pm #18809
Ryan, thanks for kicking off this Sat’s ride on the early side. This ride falls under the leadership of the director of Club training last I checked, which is why I didn’t post till now as to not step on any toes or complicate matters. Allison, feel free to chime in when you get a chance but it seems like the annual Spring “reminder” post is needed for this Sat’s ride given the forecast is FINALLY being favorable.
I’ll try and make this simple:
1) Read the first post of this forum (link) paying attention to <b>Required </b>and <b>General Rules</b>. Please know, print or save the route offline to your phone if needed. We regroup at the BP; know where that is. 😉
2) We’ll officially <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>start at 8:10 (Capitol Hill) and 8:30 (Georgetown) until further notice</span> which will be May or June if we’re lucky. Note the extended forecast calls for the next three Sat’s, after this one, to be about 15 deg cooler than this Sat. We’ll switch to 7:10/7:30 once the real heat and humidity are here. You’ll know!
3) Please obey all traffic laws. Safety is key and it makes the Club and us look bad when people blow thru red lights and stop signs. Don’t be that guy/gal.
Post here if you’ve looked thru the first post of this thread that explains everything and still have questions.
Cheers and see ya Sat in Georgetown. SOOO looking fwd to the moderate temps!!
– AdamApril 12, 2018 at 10:32 pm #18810Angela CarrParticipant
I’m planning to be there Saturday, but in case I forget to mention it, I’m pretty slow (~14mph) and expect to be dropped. I just like meeting everyone in the morning 🙂 See you there!